Cool Step Floor Protection
for Waterproof Decking
Enjoying your waterproof sundeck on a sunny day can be so relaxing, but sometimes that outdoor surface can get HOT. For those of you who like to sit on your sun exposed deck on those 100 degree days, you will find the deck can be a bit toasty on the toes. This is common with many surfaces exposed to direct sunlight, think about running across a sandy beach or sitting on the seats in your car on a hot day. Some products just hold the heat more than others. Everyone knows that dark colors will retain heat and light colors do a better job of reflecting the harmful UV rays. For those of you concerned about excessive heat build-up beneath your waterproof deck or structure we recommend Tufdek ™ Cool Step ™ designs. These cool products provide unique solar reflective characteristics which help make your outdoor experience on the hottest days even more enjoyable. Look for the Cool Step ™ logo on select Tufdek ™ waterproof vinyl deck colors and choose a product that stays cooler in the sun.
A Cool Step ™ vinyl decking color is designed to be both highly reflective and highly emissive, transferring less heat into the building and helping keep your deck cooler.
Cool Step ™ products provide benefits in all climates:
- Cool Step ™ vinyl decking products have higher reflectivity and emittance and can be 70 degrees cooler during hot summer days when compared with traditional darker vinyl decking materials.
- Cool Step ™ vinyl decking can save money and energy during peak cooling demand if used on decks over habitable living space – typically mid-days when electricity demand and costs are highest.
- Cool Step ™ waterproof vinyl decking can help reduce the urban heat-island effect by reflecting solar heat rather than absorbing and transferring it to the buildings interior.
- By keeping moisture out while reflecting harmful ultraviolet (UV) and infrared (IR) radiation, a Cool Step ™ deck by Tufdek ™ can help protect the underlying substrate from deterioration and rot.
- It seems that, far too often, a story is report...
- If you have a beautiful vinyl deck, then you ha...
- Yes, it’s the middle of winter right now,...